For children, these reactions should not be in balance. In a child, the anabolic reactions have to be greater than the catabolic. Boys start their growth spurt after girls. That’s why when they are in 7th or 8th grade, the girls are still taller than the boys. The boys change a couple years after the girls. Guys may gain 2-3 inches in that growth spurt between 14-17 years of age. During that growing period they will eat up all the food in your refrigerator. They are growing like crazy during that time. But what happens to both boys and girls at 18-19 is that if they keep eating the same way, they won’t grow taller anymore but only wider. This is the phenomena everybody notices.
Side-effects from the use of steroids are extremely common and can be quite significant. Most side-effects are reversible once the athlete stops usage although serious long-term side-effects and even death have occurred as a direct result of steroid use.
• Decreased sperm production and sex drive
• Increased aggression, irritability and mood swings
• Liver disorders
• Baldness (alopecia)
• Hypertension (high blood pressure)
• Raised cholesterol
• Gynecomastia (development of over-sized mammary glands in males)
• Menstrual irregularities (in women)
• Hirsuitism (excessive hair growth occurring in females which follows the pattern of male hair growth, . facial)
• Deepening of the voice
• Reduced immunity
• Possible development of tumors (wilm’s tumor, prostate carcinoma and leukemia have been reported, although a connection is not proven)
Hmmmm interesting. Funny you mention it because I was taking gaba not too long ago and it was in a mixture with some other stuff. Anyways, I think it was causing me to wake up kind of uncoordinated and feeling just kind of weird. Dissociative I guess you could say, which makes sense because it’s related to the NMDA receptors somehow I think. It supposedly “can’t” cross the blood brain barrier, at least this is repeated despite the fact that it can and does, it’s just an unreliable mechanism in which it does. Low levels of gaba were insinuated to absorb more in the brain also. I didn’t have this issue as if I took the full 750 mg I felt very strange consistently and none of the other supplements in the mixture would seem to do this.